Friday, April 21, 2017

100 Days Of Self-Exploration: Day Six--What Advice Would You Give To Yourself Three Years Ago?

In 2014, I was actually in a pretty good place. I had finished chemo and radiation, been declared cancer free, and started the reconstruction process.

I was dealing with some disappointments regarding family members, so one thing I would tell myself is to stop letting their actions impact my mood, as things are going to get progressively worse, and I just need to accept it for what it is and move on.

I would remind myself to be thankful every day for all my blessings, and to be good to myself--that I am lovable and loved, and that I deserve all the good things I have and the ones yet to come.

I would tell myself to stop letting fear get in the way of putting any of my writing out into the world, and not wait so long to publish the poetry or to get back into writing fiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment