Monday, August 26, 2019

Writing Exercise: One character has a negative character trait

Tony looked at Angela in disgust. "What do you mean you don't want to go to my parents' house on Christmas? It's a tradition!"

Angela sighed deeply and tried to remain calm. "But this is the first year Susie has really been old enough to enjoy the whole tree, presents, Santa thing and I want her to have those memories in OUR house. I'm sure your family will understand.

"No, they will not understand, because I don't understand! We've always driven up on Christmas Eve and been there for Christmas Day. I don't see any reason why we need to change that now. Susie can make wonderful memories there."

"But everything there has to be done just the way your family's always done it, and I want Susie to have some of the traditions from my family, too."

"Oh please! No one has ever complained about it before--my family has been doing things this way for generations. It makes for a lovely, organized holiday."

"A boring, strictly scheduled holiday, you mean," muttered Angela.

"Enough!" hissed Tony. "We're going, and that's the end of the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment